Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Story of a lost iphone USB lead for charging and data

"Apple insist on using their own connectors," complains one of my family.
Yes, sigh, I am without mine.
I manage to borrow one and leave it attached to the wall so it can't get lost.

Then we drive off for the day wtihout it!

Disaster!  Firstly, I want to use my phone for taking seasonal photos.
Secondly, I need to phone the family.
Thirdly, we lose each other at a motorway stop. I see the photo of my family member phoning to ask, "Where are you?" but, before I can answer, the phone has died.

When we meet up, we hunt through the car hoping that the connector will be attached to the car device in the compartment between the seats in the car. Sure enough, there is a lead. We have three leads - but none of them fits an iphone.

Then, happy moment. I am hunting through my huge handbag which holds everything you could want and many things which you don't want, when I find a phone charger. It has two leads, one for the iphone, one for all other phones.

The blue light is on, showing that it ischarged, ready to charge a phone.

Happy moment, yes, it has two connecting leads, and one has the neat squashed oval which fits the iphone - both ways up - unlike the other lead which is asymmetrical, like a hump baked bridge standing on flat ground.

The charger itself can be recharged plugging into the device which fits into a cigarette lighter.

iwalk portable battery charger with two connecting leads (attached, neatly slide into corner
Model number UBO3000.

It's absurd, or handy, that the Iwalk phone charger can be connected to another device to charge itself by a non apple connector, but that solves your problem if you have an apple device and no connector.

I tried connecting via the charger overnight but only got 17 per cent in the morning. Maybe I forgot to connect the phone. Anyway, I charged up the charger and then I could use it to charge the phone.

Useful websites
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com

   https://www.amazon.co.uk/iWALK-12000mAh-Portable-External-compatible


Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: