Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, February 25, 2019

Best and Biggest Lunch At B and K Salt Beef Bar, Restaurant and Take away In London, England



the mixed hors d'oevre I had on a previous visit. Photo by Angela Lansbury. copyright

.
Salt beef. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

Tripadvisor asks if you ate there with family or friends. Both. Four of us, two couples. We had lunch.

One person, in a wheelchair, had already managed to negotiate the doorway when we arrived.

The toilets are at the back on the ground floor. That's good. I hate going up or down a level.

First choice, set meal or not? I chose the two-course set meal. The food is always too much for us. So a shared starter and a shared dessert is good.

Starter
Start with chicken soup. It comes with a dumpling, or kind of ravioli, pasta around meat. Both, I think, costs a little extra. One soup, two spoons. No problem.

With your main course you might have chips or latkes. Latkes, fried grated potato. don't seem to me to be what they used to be. Not such a huge difference in satisfaction between latkes and chips. I was happy with both.

I made the mistake of going for chicken. Because I like chicken. But you can have chicken anywhere.

I should have had the fish balls. They were wonderful. Moist. Tasty. My friend received four, which she planned to share with her husband. Four ended up just the right amount for four people. Next time, for me, it's fish balls.

I think most men would want the filling salt beef. Piled high.

Afterwards we had takeaways to put in the fridge at home. Three sorts of baked lemon cake on a biscuity base. No, the chocolate looks and sound nice but hides the flavour of cheesecake. I prefer plain.

The lemony lokshen pudding and apple strudel and cheesecake lasted me another two days. Just a tiny piece with coffee. For breakfast, elevenses, lunch, tea, and a late night snack. Lovely.

Filling food. Fab food.

You'll find them on Facebook and TripAdvisor and Deliveroo - but not on Mondays when they are closed.

B & K Salt beef bar and restaurant
353 Uxbridge Road
Hatch End
Pinner
Middlesex
HA5 4JN

Useful Websites
https://deliveroo.co.uk/
visitbritain.com

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Nosher. (That's Yiddish for snacker, one who eats between meals, like a cow which eats all day.) Please share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: