Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, February 18, 2019

Missing Train Ticket Nightmare Ends - Easily

I was in a panic. I had lost my train tickets. I spent three hours tidying my desk and the house. still no tickets. Finally, I had to go. Otherwise I would have missed the train.

Fortunately, I had booked luggage assist. I knew about that. I had done it before. Platform one on Paddington station, London, was my check-in point.

When I arrived they told me I was in plenty of time (at least half an hour before the train departed for Wales, as they had requested.

They smiled, 'Everything ok?"

I have a problem, I replied. I don't have a ticket.

The put me in an electric buggy and drove me across the station to the ticket office.

I showed the ticket officer my luggage assistance and reference number. I did not know whether they would issue a duplicate ticket or charge me another hundred pounds or the best part of a hundred pounds for anohter return ticket.

They checked the reference number. started typing. All going well. Your name, address, etc.

They could not find any ticket. Oh, dear. We tried my husband's name, as he booked the ticket, my first name, my middle name, both names. Still no luck.

More typing. I prayed to several Gods I didn't believe in, on the off-chance that one had some time to spare for me.

'Ah,' he solved the problem. He said, 'It's an e-ticket!'

I'd forgotten about the e-ticket.

Now I had to have a working, charged phone throughout the journey.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: