Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Look For The Numbers On Train Station Platform Doors






Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Earlier this year I was on a train where the platform doors did not open. I had to race down the carriage to the next door to get off before the train went off again.

Earlier this week in Singapore I noticed and photographed the number on these doors on the overground section of the MRT on the red line. If I ever had to report that the doors were stuck, or wanted to fore-warn friends who would be catching the train later, I could use these numbers.

Mostly passengers don't notice the numbers. But the platform staff need the number to know where to place a temporary cordon to stop passengers queuing to board at the place where the doors don't open.
Singapore is a great stopover in Asia between America or Russia or Europe and Australia. 
Travel Tips
Singapore Airlines: 

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.



See also my posts on Waterloo Street, The National Gallery, and Singapore's big attractions.

No comments: