Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, January 26, 2019

A Vietnamese Funeral

Seen in the Ethnology museum in Hanoi, North Vietnam.

As I walked towards it, I thought, what a jolly scene. Then I read the captions and realized it wasn't a jolly occasion at all. However, the colour helps the mourners cope, in my opinion. All black funerals make you feel worse. The colours are significant. A distant relative or passer-by could easily identify the son performing the rites and the daughter-in-law.

This scene is one of many intriguing items at the Ethnology museum. It has two sections in adjacent buildings, one ticket for both. Allow time to see them both.

We flew on Vietjet and stayed at the delightful Sunline Paon hotel. See my previous posts on Hanoi restaurants and attractions.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. Author and Speaker. Teacher and trainer of English and language and etiquette.

No comments: