Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Pickpocket-Proof Clothing Shows New Designs, Colours and Comments

I am a great fan of pockets, concealed pockets, and pickpocket-proof clothing.

I am on the mailing list of clothing arts so get to see all their updates and read their site religiously, including the users' comments.

Colours
I notice that they now have the women's 'shirt' in navy as well as black and what I would call sand colour. That's great. Neutral colours which go with everything. But I do get fed up with black. When I was teaching English at a school in Singapore, the head teacher told me the pupils complained that I wore black and white every day. They wanted me to wear brighter colours, such as red on Monday, Orange or pink on Tuesday, Yellow on Wednesday. Blue on Thursday. Green on Friday.

I had a red, white and black clothes colour scheme as a travel writer, so that everything I wore and packed co-ordinated with everything else. My edito,r who travelled with his entourage of writer and photographer on travel rpess trips, told me, 'I am tired of seeing you in red. Wear another colour - any other colour.'

Pockets
One of the reviewers pointed out that the woman's shirt had only one pocket whilst the man's version had two.

How irritating. I hate single pockets. I never use single pockets. I forget they are there. High single pockets are silly if you have any shape. Left empty, they look lopsided. Filled, they give you a lopsided bust.

One of the reviewers points out that the pocket is not big enough to fsten over a passport. The reply is that you are supposed to wear the shirt with their (matching or contrasting) skirts or pants. (In the UK we say trousers).

Hm. Not everybody can afford both - or even one.

Cost and Offers
If you are strapped for cash they frequently do money off offers. As the lines of colours and items available expands, I look forward to more choices.

https://www.clothingarts.com/

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: