Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Book Of Languages - For Kids, Adults, Collectors, Polyglots

I was looking online for the name of a book I saw about vocabulary and phrases for Domestic Workers, when somebody else was going to buy it for me from Mustafa's department store in Singapore where I had seen it earlier. It cost only about ten dollars.








While searching online for books about language, I found The Book Of Languages.

It was an amusing read, I thought, as I browsed through it on line on Amazon books. (I always try both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk).

When the book arrived by post, again easy to browse through, a handy reference book.

One thing struck me as odd. It said Japan occupied Malaysia and Singapore for about 100 years until 1945. That did not tally with I remember clearly reading about the Japanese invading Singapore during early WW2. I just checked on Wiki, 1942-1945

However, there is another entry for Japanese empire.

Useful Websites for travellers:
amazon.com
amazon.co.uk
duolingo.com
memrise.com (Learning languages with memory aids that you and others record.)
mustafa's: http://www.mustafa.com.sg/mustafalocationmap/ (Singapore's 24 hour department store)
tripadvisor
wikivoyage
wikitravel

Angela
Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: