Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, January 14, 2019

McDonalds eggy chips offer - only with meals - my experience




Advertisement at Holland Village, Singapore. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

I saw the advertisement in Holland Village by a bus stop. Later I visited the Chong Pang Community centre, which has a branch of McDonalds adjoining it, open 24 hours.

However, I was in a hurry. Later in the day I was at Tampines West Community Centre which contains a McDonalds inside towards the back. You can see it from the entrance. I had arrived early for the meeting. Still time.

I wanted to try out the eggy chips at McDonalds. I lined up.

However, when I tried to order the one dollar twenty price listed went up to five dollars something or nearly six dollars something. I had to order a meal in order to have the chips as an extra at the advertised price.

I had just eaten a large tea and was expecting a bun with savoury filling at half time of my meeting.

I asked if a meal plus chips came to the same price as chips alone. No point in paying the price of a meal and chips and not claiming the meal. She went through the options and prices and I could not follow the answer.

It seemed that I would have to pay a dollar or two more to have the meal and chips. I did not want pay for a full meal. I was getting fed at my meeting.

How about eating the chips, but taking home the meal to eat the following day, or as a midnight snack?

I was not sure that the meal would be fresh enough to take home if I ordered it at 7 and got it home by midnight. Better to order it at ten when the meeting ended. But I suspected that everybody would be rushing to the MRT (train station). So I gave up.

During the evening it occured to me with hindsight, that with foresight and chutzpah, I could have asked somebody else in the queue to order an extra portion of chips with the meal, and I could have given them the money in advance.

I might have had to try two or three people. It would have taken some time.

However, meanwhile my meeting was starting. At the end of the meeting, I had a companion to carry my heavy bag. They were in a hurry to get home. A group of four of us. I could not delay them.

Somebody said the eggs on chips was not good. That's one person's opinion. I may think differently. I still want to try them. Another time.


No comments: