Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Dona Theresa Italian Restaurant Christmas Party Menu



The Menu Choices
The prices were £19.95 + 10% service charge for a three course lunch. £23.95+ 10% service charge for a three course dinner.

Unlike many places offering groups a choice of three starters, three main courses, and three desserts, Dona Theresa offered 12 starters, 14 main courses and five desserts.

Decoration
The restaurant has a lovely mural. In addition it was beautifully decorated, with silver crackers, a blue wreath, and giant red goblets.


Pre-dinner Nibbles
Bread and butter was on the table. We also had plates of carrot, and celery and dips.

Starters
This time I wanted cannelloni filled with spinach. I normally like fish or meat.
Afterwards I re-read my own revue of this restaurant on TripAdvisor from last June. I praised different dishes. Oh, well, it's nice to have a change.

Tips
I shared the turkey and the lamb shank. I thought the lamb shank was wonderful moist. The turkey was drier although it came with the usual great trimmings including the sausage and stuffing. (I see from my photo that it was a plain long sausage, not the short sausage wrapped in bacon which in England we call pigs in blankets.) I had not a small portion of prettily decorated food like a small sun with satellites, but a large portion plonked on the plate to fill it and my tummy.

Salt?
The person who ordered lamb shank thought it was too salty (I've had food which seemed too salty to somebody else at another restaurant nearby as well). Apparently other pairs of people have also had the same mixed reaction, one of a couple says it's too salty, whilst the other says it's just right or nothing wrong with it. But the person who orders the food should be happy. We were offered an alternative but only wanted to comment - we didn't want to change it. I wonder whether your choice of wine makes the food taste saltier.

I and one other person shared our desserts of Christmas pudding and creme brûlée. We both preferred the creme brûlée.

We also had a good red wine.

Coffee was included. I asked for decaffeinated coffee and was asked what kind of coffee,espresso, cappuccino, latte ... I opted for latte. Mint chocolates wrapped in foil were placed on the table.

The ground floor toilets are convenient. By the time we left, around midnight, I was so happy.

Dona Theresa Italian Restaurant
451 Uxbridge Road
Hatch End
Pinner
HA5 4JR
Tel: 020 8421 5550 / 0352
www.donatheresa
twitter @dona_theresa
Facebook Dona Theresa Restaurant

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
Read about me and my books on Amazon and Lulu.com
Like my posts and share.

No comments: