Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, December 5, 2016

Stanmore Lights, trees and memories of best Watford lights


Where are the best lights? Go north to Intu shopping mall by car or train to Watford High Street, and you can enjoy an indoor mall with a train ride for children (small fee to ride about £2), Sant'as grotto and lovely lights up the columns and entertaining activities. If on the other hand, you do not get out of the car, you will pass different light in high streets driving into London via places such as Stanmore.

Taken from a moving car, but a reminder of the lights in Stanmore in 2016. White lights in the trees.


Driving through Stanmore, I noticed that the Apollonia restaurant had a banner saying they can offer kosher catering for events.
http://www.apollonia.co.uk/events.php

I have more and better pictures of lights around London this year on other posts, plus photos from previous years in London and Singapore.
Here are a couple of my favourites:

Putting up a Christmas tree in Hatch End in a previous year.
Previous year's decorations in Intu shopping mall in Watford.

It's good to be able to look back and compare. Memory can play tricks on you. One year I thought that coins were getting smaller. I got out a box of old coins, all stamped with the year they were issued. No, I was wrong. Coins were the same size as my childhood. So if you think last year's were better, or not as good, those old photos can tell you the truth.
Previous year's lights in Stanmore - look the same to me.
A later, better photo is in the post on Dec 6 2016.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.
type in Angela Lansbury, author or travel writer or poet. Fortunately there are only four people with my name. Most people I look up on Facebook and google and linkedIn have twenty namesakes worldwide. As for people called Patel, Cohen and Levy, Singh - several million of those.
Follow me on Facebook and like my pages here and there and everywhere including linking to me on LinkedIn, Watching me on YouTube.

No comments: