Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Lemon flavour lokshen pudding from B & K



What puts a smile on my face? The thought of lemon-flavour, moist lokshen pudding from B & K. I've been to other places where chocolate doesn't taste of chocolate and pastry is dry but if you want filling food and tasty food this is the place.

I was a bit anxious when I read in a local magazine that my favourite B & K got a low rating from the local inspectors. What was the problem? I didn't dare ask what the problem was and if it had been cleared up.

That didn't deter my family. They shrugged and said, "If it was that bad they'd have been closed down and they are still in business." My family climb mountains and race motorbikes and trek through third world countries eating yak butter and stuff from roadside stalls.

So my family happily went back and got a takeaway (admitted a month or so after the reported problem).

Good as ever. Yes I like the chopped liver. And the fried fish balls. And I like the lokshen pudding. Lokshen is noodles, but noodles doesn't have quite the same lip-smacking ring. Lokshen pudding with lemon and sultanas.

I was going to take a photo of it. But it got eaten too fast. I'll have to re-use an old photo.

I need a cheer-up. I must keep a sign on my desk. Think of lokshen pudding.
B & K
Hatch End
Pinner
Middlesex

B & K
Edgware
Middlesex

UPDATE - they now have a five star rating. See Dec 9 2016 post.
www.bksaltbeefbar.com
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.

No comments: