Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Should I learn Brazilian or European Portuguese? Who teaches Which?

Problem
I have just discovered that Duolingo is teaching Brazilian Portuguese.

Answer
Not a problem for everyone. That is good news for my readers, as the Americans outnumber those in the UK. (The numbers arenot surprising, considering the relative sizes of populations.)
Flag of Portugal

However, if you are planning a holiday in Portugal or Madeira, take a look at memrise.

Useful Websites
Free
duolingo.com
memrise.com
https://www.memrise.com/course/1121957/portuguese-portugal-1/

Modest cost
You can buy Earworms new or second hand from Amazon and Ebay. I bought Portuguese vol 1 (as a disc and brochure) and was so pleased with it that before I had finished volume one I bought Portuguese vol 2. You can now buy the system as a download for both Brazilian or European Portuguese.
I am looking into signing up for an affiliate programme so that you can lick through and buy. One I have signed up and worked out the technicalities I shall add this to my posts.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: