Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Where Can I Get Advice On moving A Washer-Dryer? And Other Moving Advice?

Problem
You want a new washer dryer installed.
You want to move with one.
You are an absentee landlord and need a washer-dryer moved into a property and the old one removed.

Answer
I read some really handy tips from this great company's great blog. First, the reminders about turning off the electricity and turning off the water supply. You need somebody on location who knows how to turn off the water. They also need to turn the water on again later.  There are four or five considerations:

Phone Warning Of Arrival
Will the removers phone fifteen minutes in advance when they are on the way so they don't turn up when you are in the bath? (John Lewis department store in the UK says their department store delivery team are told to do so. However, items delivered from a factory simply turn up within a four-hour window.)

I could see that a tenant's washer-dryer or contract needs instructions that they must clear the washer-dryer lint to prevent a fire. I didn't know you could buy something called a moving blanket. (From DIY stores, same as you can buy carpet protector sheets when painting.)

I decided I would definitely ask this company for a quote. When I registered the move from address and the move to address no quotation came up. I retyped. Then I guessed what was wrong. I checked their location and alas I was right. The company is in America - and the washer-dryer I wanted moved was in London, England!

USA Removals
If you are in the USA, check out all their handy advice on moving washer dryers, moving with cats and all sort of things. If you are elsewhere in the world, you might still find their tips useful.

https://dolly.com/blog/how-to-safely-move-a-washer-and-dryer/

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: