Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Fly Around The Internet For Travel News: Reader's Roundup On Singapore's Dreamliner

Window seat. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


Problem
So many snippets of news. Let's keep them together in one place.
March 28 - 2018

Singapore Airlines Introduces the new Dreamliner Boing 787-10
'Designed for Dreams' they say, as they proudly announce that they are the first to fly this aircraft on the Asia-Pacific route.

What's in it for passengers? It's quieter, an advantage for those travelling in all classes.

If you are in Business class, whether on short or long haul, you can enjoy direct aisle access and recline fully (flat!) to sleep or rest with shut eyes. Speaking of sleeping, the windows are larger, but can be dimmed at the touch of a button.

If you can't afford to fly in Business class, you can admire the new seating when flying on the airline. I shall be on one of these planes at least four times later this year. Check it out as you walk past when boarding and exiting and tell your friends about it.

I always look at the abandoned socks, no longer needed by business people, some of them unworn (but nobody is going to sniff to check). I think, if the socks are going to be thrown away, maybe I could just grab a pair and recycle them inside my boots.

But the people behind me are marching briskly forward. I am probably watched by 1984 style videos. My husband would be incensed at my bringing the family, the British, the consumer, into disrepute. The glamorous girl at the door is watching and waiting to bow to me and say goodbye.

Superior Socks
My family are frequent flyers and if I remember to ask, they might remember to save me my Singapore Airlines socks. I have quite a collection. I wear them all winter under boots in Britain. I have navy airline socks, a jolly red pair from Virgin which I flew from the UK to America and back, plus a cream colour pair, from who knows what airline and when, very handy in summer.

Socks save the soles of my feet from getting hard on flat floors in flat shoes. Socks fill out boots bought a size too large ion the internet. When I don't bother to wear socks, I am reminded by itching bites from mosquitos, gnats, who knows what. So and reduce my chances of getting bitten on the ankles by mosquitos in the office in Singapore, I wear spare socks.

If you ever visit me and want to give me a present and don't have time to buy anything, I am always delighted to receive airline socks (even if you've worn them - I can just pop then in the wash) plus sleeping masks, whatever.

I imagine you may be shaking your head, tutting and smiling. It's amazing what other people do, isn't it? It's amazing what you do, and think, when you actually write it down! I once looked around a room at Writers Holiday in Wales, and asked my friend, Linda, 'Who do you think is the most interesting person in this room, who we could write about?' She laughed and retorted, 'You are!'

Hotel Room Booking Bring Airmiles
Use the airline's booking service for hotel and get airmiles. They say they give 2 krisflyer miles for every US$ spent.
Hotels
https://www.agoda.com/singaporeair1?cid=1604904
Flights
http://www.singaporeair.com/

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.






No comments: