Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, March 5, 2018

What's Ap For Communicating Illness, Funerals Or Temporary Groups

Problem
Some older people don't know what what's ap is for. Others don't realise you can start news groups and stop them. Others don't realise how helpful it can be in the case of a sudden illness at home or overseas. If you have somebody who doesn't understand it, they may a tecnology phobe. They may be be a lot warmer when you say you'll install it for them.

Answers
When I first went to Singapore I didn't understand what's ap, how to join it, or the advantages.
The obvious advantage is that you can use it on your phone when you are away from your computer. You can contact everybody in the group about an event - such as I'm lost where's the front door of this building, or I am at the station, which bus do I take.

I joined the system when I was in Singapore and judging speech contests. I would be going to a different venue every night of the week. In the bad old days, before what's ap, you could reach a building such as a Community Club, and the reception would tell you there was noo meeting. Those in the meeting had turned their phones to silent. Now I plan to arrive at least half an hour early. If I cannot find the room or building I can whats ap everybody else in the group. Usually somebody will answer.

More recently in the UK I was informed about a funeral. People as far away as Australia were able to fly over within 48 hours to attend. In the old days informing everybody of a funeral would involve hours with a phone directory. Now you can include every who is concerned about an operation to give them updates. In our case, my friends son who had a lung transplant did not survive. Everybody in the group I was in received the message about the funeral arrangements.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: