Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Stunning Shoes and Comfy Sandals - but which colour?

Problem
How do I look stylish but stay comfortable when travelling?

Here are some of my favourites
Bang good
Socofy
Hotter
Clarks
Josef Seibel

Which colour low boots?
I recently ordered a pair of boots. I put on my favourite outfits then held the skirt and cuffs against the pictures of the shoes to see which matched. To my surprise and disappointment, the bright orange shoes did not go at all with my dark bottle green outfit. What went fabulously was the duller wine colour.

Which Size?
I made a point of ordering a slightly large size, and opting for a pair of leather shoes which might stretch. If boots are too big, you can wear socks.

If the feet are too small, too tight, there is very little you can do, except try to stretch them. In theory, you could cut out the toe (which I have never done and would only do if I were otherwise going to have to throw away or give away the shoes).

When the boots arrived, I tried them on. Oh, dear, they seemed a very tight fit. I changed into thinner socks. I could get the boots on. A snug fit. I felt very uneasy.

However, I kept them on for half an hour. By the time I was ready to go out, either the boots had adapted to my feet, or my feet had adapted to the boots.

Two people complimented me on the boots.

https://www.banggood.com/SOCOFY-New-Printing-Retro-Shoe-Splicing-Pattern-Flat-Ankle-Leather-Boots-p-1224391.html?p=NS241820230132201803

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: