Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

How to type that number sign in Singapore addresses, and make keyboard symbol pictures

Problem
Addresses in Singapore include a number sign #.
But it's not on many keyboards.

Answer
Just google it. I quickly found that the # sign on a MacBook is made by simultaneously pressing the Alt key and the 3/£ key.

This has been bothering me and eluding me for months. I might put a sticker on my machine. Or make a sign. Or write it in my diary.

It's amazing how something so simple can be a problem for so long. Then finding the solution can make you so happy.
################################################################################
# ## #
If I had nothing better to do I could draw Xmas trees and portraits and all sorts of things with keyboard signs. But I have better things to do. Planning my trips and learning Portuguese. I can also look up all my addresses all over my computer and insert the sign.

If you want to amuse the family on a long-haul flight you can play games with keyboard symbols.

Useful websites

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-make-the-crying-face-emoji-with-keyboard-symbols

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=mac+for+dummies

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer, photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: