Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Asian Food Fairs Trade Only Wine and Food; but Expo For Everyone

Singapore has two trade only food fairs at Expo, the stadium beside the MRT train station with the same name, next stop on the train from Changi airport. A colleague of mine is going to the wine fair. Next door is a food fair.

Confusingly, every time I do an online search I find the Shanghai exhibition.

What's in it for the consumer? If you can't get in, or are accompanying a spouse or colleague who is busy, there's a big shopping mall, Changi Business Park, alongside.

I went to be chief judge at a Toastmasters International speech and evaluation competition. From the MRT (Expo railway station)I could see the Cisco office sign on the top of an adjoining building. My directions included passing the Changi hotel. Confusing the signposts said Changi by Fraser. Presumably the Fraser group has bought the Changi hotel or named one of the hotels Changi. Yet the sign does not include the world hotel.

As I passed near the hotel I was impressed by the foliage surrounding the rent a bicycle park.



www.foodnhotelasia.com
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.

No comments: