Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Packing Tips - My Favourite is Filing

Packing like a professional. I wish I had a packing service. I've heard of hotels which have valets who unpack and re-pack for you.  My dream is for a pre-packed suitcase. You tell the supplier your sex and height and wight or clothing size, which sports (such as swimming or skiing, tick a box for all the times you want included. Along comes a wheeled backpack which doubles as a seat if you are in q queue at the airport.

Meanwhile, time to stop dreaming and start packing.

Filing
Save space, save time, no ironing and no frantic searching!

Alternative Systems
I looked at the system of folding clothes by letting them hang over the edge of the suitcase and interleaving them.

Shoes and Socks
I already knew the tricks of placing socks inside shoes, wrapping shoes in plastic bags.

Toiletries and Sewing and Stationery
I already use zip up plastic bags. (I also use re-seal plastic boxes for food, drinks, sewing kits,stationery for conferences, and toiletries.

Back to Filing
However the new idea which most appeals to me is the 'filing' method which enables you to see each item packed separately and withdraw it without disturbing the rest of your packing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3553356/The-ultimate-packing-hacks-revealed-military-roll-help-prevent-pesky-creases-save-space.html


Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: