Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April Events in Singapore - wine, food, hotels, pottery, arts, crafts, clothes, books and more

Several interesting events open to the public and the trade.

First the trade only food and wine and hotel show at Expo in Singapore. Everything on display in several halls. I saw, delightful crockery and cutlery from Christofle cutlery to unbreakable glasses (see my previous post).

Coffee Capsules
Nespresso coffee machines were there, business to business. large machines. Many more capsule suppliers. Also an Italian coffee with compatible capsules looking for distribution in Singapore. he is very jolly and smiling. He explained to me how his capsules aim not to imitate Nespresso but have to be different  and distinctive. Where one is blended to perfection, another is strong and distinctive in flavours.


Mr Stefano U r s o (easy to remember - his name is Italian but in English means Stephen the bear!
www.coin.it
www.meseta, it
wwwattibassi.it
www.caffecarracci.it
Stefaan U r s o Middle East and Asia Export Area Manger.
tel: (+39) 051 6328464


Tea Cups From Dilmah and Fruit Teas
I am not a tea drinker, well, I do drink fruit teas. But I had to stop at the D i l m a h stand to admire the tea cup and saucer and matching lid.

Dilmah's delightful crockery and varied teas caught my eye (all fruit flavours such as blueberry. I told them I loved the gorgeous classy tea cups with lids, which are sent to restaurants or hotels which buy their teas). (It is D i l m a h with an h but the spellchecker waits until I have gone away then keeps changing the word when I am not looking.)

If you are not in the trade, a couple more shows for you to visit which are open to all:
Dora displaying her pottery for the Danish Spring Fair

Danish Design Spring Fair
Spring Fair at the Danish Seamen's Church.
 They say 'an inspiring design and handcraft Spring Fair.'
Look at or buy clothes, handcraft, art, coffee, drinks, lunch and lucky draw.
Tuesday the 19th of April 2016
10 am to 4pm
Danish Seamen's Church
10 Pender Road
Singapore 099171

www.dkchurch.com/spring-fair
Facebook page Sømandskirken Singapore

I shall be looking out for pottery designed by my friend Dora. She makes tall, elegant, slender pots and vases.

Expat Fairs
Another event aimed at Expats is organised by my friend Betty. I have a flowing red Nepalese or Tibetan dress I bought at one of her fairs which has always won admiring praise and enquiries of "Where did you buy that?"

Is it all clothes for women? No, men will spot things I would overlook. Another member of my family also bought a book about David McMillan who escaped from the Bangkok Hilton.

She organises fairs at intervals through the year. She usually has one just before Xmas, but you are in luck if you can get to the fair in April. Last time I tried local wine and cheese, and all sorts of novelties.

Here is Betty, a great help to both the buyers and exhibitors. She has also written a book for digging entrepreneurs, Make It Happen.

https://www.theexpatfairs.com

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author, speaker.

No comments: