Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Why your travel video won't upload to your blog

After uploading a video to your blog it is a good idea to go to view and see what your audience is seeing. I loaded up a video and no video displayed, just an icon for a video but when you clocked on it nothing happened.

With the help of a friend, I looked at the HTML (text coding which tells you what is happening in detail). This simply confirmed what we already knew, that no video was showing, just the logo for click here.

I then remembered what had happened once before and realised my mistake. My photos and videos are all stored in one place when downloaded to my laptop from my mobile phone. The photos and videos all go into a photo album.

However, if you look at the top of the blogger editing page, you see two symbols, one for uploading photos and one for uploading videos. I had clicked on photos, then opened my laptop photo section and clicked on choose on the video.

So I went to edit blog post and deleted the photo of the click for video symbol not linked to anything.

Then I went into the blog post and clicked on the video symbol. You have to wait a while for the video to load up. I didn't dare to interrupt it.

However, I was too impatient to wait. So I opened file open, new window, to write this post as a reminder to myself and a help to you and others.

When I went back to edit, I clicked on update. When I went back to View, I could see the progress bar under the video symbol. I moved the slider under the video. I now have the video on the blog. Hurray!

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: