Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Travel Quotations on travel, food, drink, wine, cities, countries


What can you do with these quotations? Write one or more on your travel notebook or diary.

Frame one for your second home or holiday home.

Print them on a tee-shirt to start conversations with people when travelling.

Hum them along to put yourself in a good mood and pass the time when waiting.

Write a travel quiz for the children or family to keep everybody quiet and busy when waiting in a restaurant.

TRAVEL
It is better to travel in hope than to arrive.
R L Stevenson
Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye (WWII)
We'll meet again (WWII Vera Lynn)

FOOD and DRINK and DINNER
If this is tea, bring me coffee. If this is coffee, bring me tea.
American President Abraham Lincoln

WINE
Life is too short to drink bad wine.

CITIES
USA
New York, New York
Take me back to San Francisco
Chicago - my kind of town
Galveston Oh Galveston
All my exes live in Texas - That's why I leave my hat in Tennessee (Country song)
There is a house in New Orleans
I get my kicks on Route 66

COUNTRIES
USA
I want to be in America
Song from West Side Story

MONEY
Money makes the world go around
Song from musical

WELCOME
Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome
Song from musical film Cabaret

Angela Lansbury, B S Hons, author and speaker.
Author of
Quick Quotations
Who Said What When.

No comments: