Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Fruits In Chocolate From America, found in Singapore

One of the chocolate concoctions I tried at the recent food and wine show at Expo in Singapore April 2016 (see previous post) was samples of prune in dark chocolate and cherry in dark chocolate. I eventually folded back the wrapper and discovered their website, www.fruitsincocolate.com.


The website shows three varieties of fruit, prune in dark chocolate, cherry in dark chocolate,  and cranberry. They also do apricots, wild berries and tropical fruit. I must admit that when I picked them up at the show I was very surprised. I have had nuts in chocolate, which works very well, and assortments of mixed your covered nuts and raisins.

From a nutritional point of view, adding chocolate to fruit is reducing their health image of the fruit. On the other hand, adding fruit to chocolate, is increasing the health quality of the chocolate.

My family greeted the fruitsinchocolate with enthusiasm.

I have rushed them back to the fridge. I recall how the history of Hershey's chocolate revealed that a new type of chocolate was needed when American troops went to hot countries. the long-term gain for Americans was their highly successful chocolate, which is a huge success in America and known worldwide.

In the UK I buy fruit and nut chocolate bars because eating a plain bar gives me an overdose of sugar and I like to get the protein in the nuts.

As a chocolate addict, and a health conscious person, anything which adds fruit to chocolate is good for me.

According to the FruitsinChocolate website they are based in New York which is where the manufacturing takes place. They started recently in 2013. Their fruits in chocolate are delivered in heat protection packaging.

More Information from:
Food Show - next one in Singapore 2018
wwwfoodnhotelasia.com

Fruits In Chocolate
www.fruitsinchocolate.com
https://www.facebook.com/FruitsInChocolateWeb

They run a mail order service in the USA and a Facebook page with seasonal offers of discounts on large orders.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.


No comments: