Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Chocolate Museum in Brixton


Problem
After you've seen London and done all the major sights such as St Paul's and Madame Tussaud's and the Sherlock Holmes Museum, what else is there to do that's small or out in the suburbs and less well known?

Answer
If you are sporty, crocket and tennis museums. What about chocolate?


My last new year wish is to add another chocolate museum or two or three to my travel plans.

My latest find is the chocolate museum in Brixton. If you go to Streatham Wine House (see one of my posts), combine it with a trip to the chocolate museum in Brixton.

As you will see from the website, there's a cafe with pictures of old chocolate advertisements, a museum covering British chocolate and the origins of chocolate over in America, a section on slavery and chocolate, and you can join a chocolate workshop for adults or children. See the website for details.

ADDRESS
The Chocolate Museum
187 Ferndale Road
Brixton, SW9 8BA
London, UK
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC:
Wednesday to Friday: 2-7pm
Saturday: 11am-6pm

http://www.thechocolatemuseum.co.uk/collection

EMAIL
info@thechocolatemuseum.co.uk

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer,a author and speaker. See my other posts on this blog, my other blogs on blogger.com on subjects such as spelling and grammar and public speaking; see my profiles and posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and videos of me talking about etiquette and spelling and reading my comic poetry on YouTube. You can also take a peek at my books on Amazon.com and Lulu.com and buy them pristine new new or bargain price second hand. If you meet me, naturally I can sign books for you and write you an amusing message, maybe a rhyming couplet. Please share my posts.

No comments: