Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Translation of Malay sign on a Singapore train



Problem
I see the words in Malay on a train many times in a visit, so I could learn them. What do they mean?

Answer
Take a photo and put them into Google translate later.

Story
I was so busy in Singapore I did not have time to translate until days after I took my photo. But at last I have the answers.

Tips/Glossary
The English reads:
Emergency exit at both ends of the train.

The Malay reads:
Pintu keluar kecemasan di sebelah hadapan dan belakang kereta api

Here it is word by word

Malay - English
anda - you
api - fire
belakang - rear (back)
dan - and
di -at
hadapan - front (think head of the train)
kereta - car
kereta api - train
pintu - door
sebelah - beside

English - Malay
and - dan
at - di
car - kereta
door - pints
fire - api
front - hadapan
rear - belakang
train - kereta api
you - and a

I have other posts on languages. Please like, follow and share.

Angela Lansbury, B A Hons, teacher and home tutor of English and languages. Author and speaker.

No comments: