Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Easy Italian, French and Greek vocabulary



Problem
How do I learn new words in foreign languages?

Answer
Just keep learning new words every day. Some will need repeating three times, or many times before they stick. Others will click and stick the first time you hear them. Look at these examples below.

Italian - English

1 antichi
2 culturale
3 finale
4 globale
5 negativa
6 positiva
7 recente
8 tradizionale

English - Italian

Story
I keep lists of words. In France I was asked by a french boy, Do you like fish. I replied, yes, especially mackerel (maquerau). It's almost the same word. He didn't know that. He was really impressed by my command of French.

Tips
Start a language with duolingo. See my other posts

(I'll add more on this subject later. Come back.)

Author
Angela Lansbury, author and teacher and tutor of English and other languages.

No comments: