Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Having Trouble Emailing Your Trip Videos?


Problem
I have been taking videos at Toastmasters International meetings but I've had trouble emailing the videos, although I can usually email about three or four photos through Gmail.

Answers
Dropbox. You have to join it, which is free. Then you upload your photos and somebody else down loads them. The videos are kept on the website for about 30 days. By this time you should both have a copy.

Story
Thumb Drive
Our first solution was a techie member of my family decided to copy the photos onto a thumb drive. If you don't know how to do it, ask somebody else and video them telling you what to do. If you know what to do and you are teaching somebody else who doesn't get it first time, make them a video of the instructions.

Shorter Videos
I was having rouble sending videos by email. This week I tried videoing shorter chunks, each about one minute. The very shortest one of about 45 seconds went through by email. How long is the video? How big? The message telling you that the video can't be sent will tell you.

What's WhatsApp?
Then somebody I videoed suggested that I send photos using WhatsApp. You down
load WhatsApp for free. If you are looking for the symbol on your phone later, it is green.

Tips
How big is too big? Your rejection message will tell you. I received this message:
Your message has size 116.5 MB, which exceeds 35.9 MB, the maximum allowed by the server.


Using What's Ap to send a photo when you are still in a group is much quicker than my previous method, which was copying photos from my phone onto a lap top and then emailing them from home. You can send the videos to somebody whilst you are out and about taking photos. Much quicker than trying to find photos of a particular date and person later.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Follow me and see my profiles and posts on Blogger.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube. My books are on Amazon.com and Lulu.com . Please like my posts and share them.




No comments: