Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Time to take down the Xmas Trees and decorations? 12th day of Xmas


Problem
When do you take down the Xmas decorations? When is 12th night?

Answer
Whenever you like. Don't worry about 'bad luck', a concept, in my opinion, with no scientific foundation, invented to frighten children and servants and dim-witted people to do what the smarter people want the other to do.

If you want the Christmas decorations taken down, tell people it's bad luck to keep them up later than the 6th.

Story
My dentist has a Xmas tree up in the surgery on Jan 5th. I asked him, "When will your Xmas tree come down?"
"Not yet."
"Tomorrow? Or at the end of the school holidays?" I asked.
He answered, "When the girls on reception decide to take it down. They might leave it up all year. That would save time putting it up again for next year!" Very droll.

Tip
The latest article I've seen on the subject from the BBC on the internet reveals that Epiphany is also called Three Kings Day, the day when the three Kings or wise men visited the new born with gifts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38527942

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and public speaker.
Please follow me and read my profiles and posts on blogger.com . Facebook, Twitter (@Angelatheauthor), LinkedIn, Instagram. Like my posts and share them. You can also read about my books and buy them from Amazon.com and Lulu.com

No comments: