Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, January 28, 2017

How to insert line breaks in your post using HTML


Problem
My blogs are appearing with HTML instead of Compose in the top left box.

I had typed out sub-headings as well as line breaks. However they did not appear in my text which ran together.

So with the help of my handy family HTML expert I looked on line for line break in HTML.

Voila!

I now just need to spend the whole of Chinese New Year weekend inserting breaks line by line in my previous texts.

The break sign is as usual in HTML encased in brackets which look like the open door sign in a lift, the pair on the right of your keyboard to the left of the question mark.


1 Type in the open the bracket.
2 Type in the two letters br which stand for break.
3 Leave a space.
4 Add a backslash (under the question mark key on your keyboard).
5 Type the close bracket sign top of the key left of your question mark key.
6 Save by clicking on Publish in blogger.com posts.
7 Close.
8 Go to posts and type in view to see if the break has been inserted.

Angela Lansbury, author and teacher.

No comments: